Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Does Sex Sell in Winter Park???


So I own and run a lingerie shop. People think that's a little risque to begin with, not something I enjoy owning up to when introducing myself to anyone over the age 50 but it is what it is. Everyone who is anyone in Winter Park remembers the finale of my runway show at Park Avenue Fashion Week and if they have glued their jaws back on to their faces they will tell you that it was a little much. Let's clear the air and state that it was not my intention for any of the girls walk onto the runway in a thong but when you're backstage and clothes, makeup, shoes, clipboards and headsets are flying everywhere matrix-style then you'll understand how such a thing can be overlooked. So for old Winter Park I am the outcast red-headed step child but for everyone else it was pure entertainment and I still see those people at the store on a weekly basis so I guess it's true...a little controversy never hurt anyone. There are worse things than seeing a model's butt cheeks and for 200$ a ticket, they got more than a show!
That being said, I have to uphold the reputation and keep the controversy flowing like an ice cold beer on tap and here's my pitch. I came across a line called Jimmy Jane. It's a culmination of anything and everything you can use on date night. From aphrodisiac candles that melt into massage oil to gold plated toys this line is incredible (minus the toys because that would never fly at the store or in my own boudoir for that matter but to each her own!). My personal favorite is the Coriander and Saffron aphrodisiac candle. It comes in a sleek white ceramic cube with a convenient spout. Meshes with anyone's boudoir decor and smells INTOXICATING. Coming in close second is their Spin the Bottle game. It's an actual bottle complete with messages inside that give you and your playmate ideas for sexy time. It's like reliving your middle school basement dance party days except not so G rated. You can choose from PG-13 to X rated versions. Haven't tried it but even if I did, I think everyone would agree that it would be way too much info.

So let me know what you think about making this brand a Lavish staple. Too much for Winter Park? I'm voting yes but I want it at Lavish anyways!

Email your vote or comments to:

Check out the Jimmy Jane display at Fred Siegel in L.A...


Here are the toys if anyone wants to place a hush-hush, wink-wink special order...

No comments:

Post a Comment