Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's All Gone!!!



As of yesterday I turned in the keys to the old Lavish space. With a few of my belonging falling casualty to "tenant abandonment" procedure in "Danville", the space is empty and ready for it's next habitant. A little bitter sweet but I couldn't be more excited about working from home until I get the website up and running! After slaving away and moving almost everything out by myself since Friday, yes I'm stronger than I look, I woke up at 9am this morning, showered, got some coffee at Bikes,Beans and Bordeaux (a really cute coffee shop and cafe on Corrine just doors down from the old Courtney K. Couture boutique, now Boutique Sweet) and started the unravelling process. Who knew that you could be on hold for an hour and 25 minutes just to have your WP utilities diconnected!!! But It's been a relaxing and beautiful day in my office so far with the windows open, my Malie Kauai Coconut Vanilla Candle burning and my dogs happier than ever to have me around. Zippety Do Da!


A lot of great things have come from having a store front in Winter Park. I loved meeting all the Winter Park merchants and getting to work with so many of them. You must know who my favs are by now from the SHAMELESS plugs I drop in my posts and facebook. PS. rsvp YES to yet another crazy party at Gary Lambert's on April 19th. Men dancing on tables, martini's that will give you the next day gitters and a guest list that includes nothing but WP's who's who.


Having the most interesting of customers and making friends with most is one of the greatest of rewards though. There have been very few incidents that have left a bad taste in my mouth but in the words of Willow Shambeck, who owned the beloved Shou'Ture on Park Ave, "We've had a million amazing experiences in comparison to the 4 or 5 shitty ones" and nothing could be more true!


As for the site, I am working really hard to make it something different from any other major lingerie site on the web. I don't want to lose sight of my local community or the boutique feel that was so charming about Lavish. I have some great ideas that need to be worked out but I think it's going to be insane. Working with some local businesses to offer a really unique aspect to the lingerie site you can view their businesses online. Boutique 33 , Vitality Wellness Spa, Let's Eat! , Sultre Boutique, Playground Magazine, Liga Photography MAY be just a few so keep checking back and I'll keep you in the loop!

Now back to work for me and getting excited for cocktail hour with the girls tonight at Abby's office courtyard off New York Ave. Check back for pics to see who came out! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment